- Early Years
- Reading & Writing
- Religious Education
- Physical Education
- Foundation Subjects
In accordance with the ethos of the school we aim to provide a variety of experiences that will encourage the children to reach their full mathematical potential by developing a positive and confident attitude towards mathematics.
The teaching of mathematics provides opportunities for spiritual, moral, social and cultural dimensions by providing opportunities for the children to work together. Through working together, children learn to co-operate and listen to others ideas and opinions. Ancient number systems, those from other cultures and the adaptation of own number systems offer a cultural dimension.
The teaching of mathematics at Christ Church Primary, (CCP), adheres to the Primary Framework, which supplements National Curriculum 2000 mathematics. Its purpose is to outline how mathematics is taught in CCP. Its contents has been shared with and agreed by members of the staff and the governing body.
Christ Church Primary School places strong emphasis on the teaching of mathematics as a core subject. Through its teaching we aim to:
- develop an increasing confidence and independence in mathematics.
- develop competency with numbers and measures.
- develop a range of computational skills and the ability to solve number problems in a variety of contexts.
- provide a secure foundation of mathematical skills.
- encourage an understanding of mathematics through the process of inquiry, experiment, an appreciation of mathematical pattern and the ability of identifying relationships.
- be able to use mathematical vocabulary meaningfully and confidently.